Hire of Facilities
The following conditions apply to hire the lapa facilities at the Ramblers Club. Should you need more information, please contact us.
- Our lapa can accommodate up to 80 persons.
- The lapa is ideal for birthday parties, company parties, year-end and Christmas functions and even weddings amongst others.
- The lapa can be hired at a rate as from N$ 1.500 excluding VAT. For kids functions we offer a special rate of N$ 1000, no lapa & bar facilities.
- A (refundable) deposit of N$ 1.000 is payable.
- The bar facility of the Ramblers Club has to be used on a “cash bar” system. You have also the option of a credit bar with a pre-determined limit by yourselves. As per the liquor act of Namibia, the bar has to close by 02h00 in the morning (Monday to Saturday) and 24h00 on Sundays.
- You are allowed to bring your choice of champagne and wine. A corkage fee of N$ 35 per bottle will be charged. The quantity of wine and/or champagne bottles must be reported to the club management prior to the function. The cooling facility of the club can be used for the "corkage fee" beverages. All other alcohol or soft-drinks requirements must be bought at the bar. Any other alcohol or beverages brought to the club will be deducted from the deposit.
- As the Club stocks the usual variety of alcohol and beverages, special requests should be liased with the Club manager/manageress at least 3 days prior to the function. If such orders would not be consumed, the Club reserves the right to deduct the order from the deposit.
- The hire fee includes the use of plates and cutlery.
- The club has also a range of tablecloths available. The hire of a table cloth is N$ 35 per tablecloth.
- The arrangements for catering must be prior negotiated with the club management. A bain-marie is available.
- If music is played, the sound may not exceed acceptable noise levels. As from 24h00 the noise should be reduced. No music may be played after 01h30.
- A function is only confirmed once the full hire fee plus the refundable deposit has been paid 21 days in advance. The amount due can either be paid by cheque or direct deposit into the Ramblers Club account No. 11000417639 with Nedbank Namibia (Branch Code: 461617). Proof of deposit should be faxed to fax 061-295 2200.
- Should a function be confirmed, the Ramblers Club cannot be held liable to bad weather on the day should the function be arranged in an open environment. The client is still liable for the total cost of the function.
- Any equipment broken at the function will be charged to the client’s account alternatively deducted from the deposit.
- As the Ramblers Club has members, the hire of the lapa facility will give the lessee not exclusive rights for the complete club facilities. However, the club management has advised its members to avoid the “private function” area.